Product details:Evening primrose oil,100% pure, natural
Aroma: Almost Odorless
Botanical name:Oenothera biennis
Country of origin:Liaoning,China
Method of extraction:Cold pressed
Part of the plant used:seeds
Crop season:All Year
Evening primrose oil (EPO) is made from the seeds of the flowers.Its healing benefits may be due to its gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) content. GLA is an omega-6 fatty acid found in plant oils.EPO is generally taken as a supplement or applied topically.
1. The GLA in EPO is thought to help acne by reducing skin inflammation and the number of skin cells that cause lesions. It may also help the skin retain moisture.
2. Per the study, GLA is necessary for ideal skin structure and function. Because the skin can’t produce GLA on its own, researchers believe taking GLA-rich EPO helps keep skin healthy overall.
3. According to a 2010 study, the GLA in EPO is thought to reduce inflammation and help inhibit prostaglandins that cause cyclical breast pain.
4. The GLA in EPO has the potential to reduce rheumatoid arthritis pain without causing unwanted side effects.
1. Used in cosmetic and topical applications, Evening Primrose Oil can be applied directly to the skin to hydrate and prevent acne. To reduce the chances of future breakouts, simply dab 2-3 drops of Evening Primrose Carrier Oil onto pimples to facilitate their healing.
2. For a moisturizer blend that is ideal for use on dry and sensitive skin, combine 5 ml (0.16 oz.) Evening Primrose Carrier Oil, 5 ml (0.16 oz.) Jojoba Carrier Oil, and 20 ml (0.70 oz.) of Apricot Kernel Carrier Oil.
For a natural facial oil that is ideal for use on mature skin, simply combine the following ingredients in a small bowl: 12 ml (0.40 oz.) Evening Primrose Carrier Oil, 20 ml (0.70 oz.) Avocado Carrier Oil, 16 ml (0.55 oz.) Rice Bran Carrier Oil, 2 ml (0.10 oz.) Vitamin E Liquid, 4 drops Neroli Essential Oil, and 4 drops Frankincense Oil.