Product details: Orange essential oil, 100% pure, natural
Aroma: Citric, Sweet
Botanical name: Citrus sinensis
Country of origin: Brazil
Method of extraction: Cold pressed
Part of the plant used: Fruit peels
Crop season: November to February
Main constituents: Limonene (90%)
In the peel of a fresh Orange, there are cells that contain the fruit's volatile fatty oil glands. Orange Oil is thus derived from the fruit peel. Cold-pressing protects the oil's anti-oxidants and active ingredients from being destroyed by heat. After undergoing cold-pressing, some citrus oils are steam-distilled.
1. Orange Essential Oil is known to have a pleasant scent that has a cheerful and uplifting yet simultaneously relaxing, calming effect, as it helps reduce pulse rate.
2. The aromatic benefits of Orange Oil are known to not only create a warm environment but to also stimulate the strength and resilience of the immune system and to eliminate airborne bacteria and pathogens.
3. The scent of Orange Oil is believed to enhance cognitive function, thus making it easier to recall memories, especially for Alzheimer's disease patients.
4. Orange Oil is known to be beneficial for maintaining the health, appearance, and texture of skin by promoting clarity, radiance, and smoothness.
5. When applied to skin, Orange Oil's astringent property contributes anti-aging benefits. It also works as a tonic that cleanses and detoxifies the skin while diminishing the appearance of pores.
6. Orange Oil maintains metabolic health and function, while exhibiting anti-oxidant activity that repairs damaged cells.
1. Orange Oil can be diffused throughout a room by adding 5-6 drops in a diffuser on low heat.
2. To ease both physical and mental fatigue, mix 5 drops of Sweet Orange Essential Oil and 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil in a diffuser.
3. Orange Oil can be added to the laundry to scent clothing, or it can be added to the dishwasher.
4. For a natural moisturizer, combine 1-2 drops of Orange Essential Oil with 1-3 tsp. of a carrier oil such as Almond, Olive, Coconut, Jojoba. Apply this mix to the skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots and to encourage collagen production.
5. Orange Essential Oil can be combined with Peppermint or Spearmint essential oils before it is diluted with a carrier oil and massaged into the belly.