Product: Peppermint essential oil, 100% pure, natural
Aroma: Minty, Fresh,
Botanical name: Mentha piperita L.
Country of origin: Anhui povince,China
Method of extraction: Steam distillation
Crop season: Whole year
Part of the plant used: Leaves
Main constituents: L-mentol, L-menton,1,8-Cineole, Menthyl acetate and Isovalerate, Pinene, Limonene and other constituents. The most active of these components are Menthol and Menthone.
The essential oils of Peppermint are found in cells on the underside of the leaves and are collected through the process of steam distilling the fresh or partially dried plant leaves.As with all other essential oils, Peppermint will retain stability and have a prolonged shelf life if stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight with the bottle cap tightly closed.
1. Peppermint essential oil has been found to eliminate harmful bacteria, relieve muscle spasms and flatulence, disinfect and soothe inflamed skin, and to release muscle tension when used in a massage.
2. It's cooling and warming sensations make it an effective anesthetic that leaves the skin numb to pain and calms redness and inflammation.
3. In shampoos, it can stimulate the scalp while also removing dandruff.
4. It is believed to stimulate circulation, reduce feelings of nervous tension, soothe feelings of irritability, boost energy, balance hormones, and enhance mental focus.
5. Peppermint oil can also be used as a cleaning solvent to sanitize and deodorize the environment, leaving behind the trail of a fresh, cheerful scent.
1. In a diffuser, Peppermint oil can help to enhance relaxation, concentration, memory, energy and wakefulness.
2. In a diluted massage blend or bath, Peppermint essential oil is known to relieve back pain, mental fatigue, and coughs. It boosts circulation, releases the feeling of having tired feet, relieves muscular pain, cramps, and spasms, and soothes inflamed, itchy skin among other conditions.
3. A few drops of the oil can be added to homemade spray cleaners and spritzed on areas that are particularly in need of anti-bacterial care, such as bathrooms and kitchens. Peppermint makes an effective and natural deterrent for house pests and insects.